Straco -- gem?

More
9 years 10 months ago #20230 by sykn
Replied by sykn on topic Straco -- gem?
Touched 70 cents this morning and now at 69.5 cents! However the volumes are small, and there seems to be more sellers at $0.70 than there are buyers at $0.695. Anybody know of any new developments? I don't know of any so far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #20233 by Dongdaemun
Replied by Dongdaemun on topic Straco -- gem?
Really u will hold till $1.00? Sekali the stock price make u-turn after 70 cents????

More
9 years 10 months ago #20234 by sykn
Ha ha, in theory, if we believe in the value of the business, the answer should be a "yes", right? In practice, who knows? It depends how strong are your guts, as Peter Lynch always says.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #20256 by pine
Replied by pine on topic Straco -- gem?
In 2010, the World Expo was held in Shanghai, attracting 73 m visitors in 6 months. The high traffic was a strong boost to visitorships to Straco's aquarium in Shanghai. Straco enjoyed a 111% jump in earnings that year.

I can't wait for Shanghai Disneyland to open in 2015. The powerful draw of the Disneyland is not in dispute -- neither is its spillover effect on STRACO's aquarium for years to come.

Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by pine.

More
9 years 9 months ago #20271 by pine
Replied by pine on topic Straco -- gem?
Do you read anything into the high vol. of 766,000 shares done today? The price closed at 70 cents. I am inclined to think it's aggressive accumulation by fund managers.

More
9 years 9 months ago #20273 by sykn
Yes, I must say that this figure is unusually high because I have been monitoring the daily turnover since I invested in some; normal daily trades is hardly 50 lots. Interesting to note that there were another 283 lots on offer at 70 cents. The ramp up in transactions started last Friday with 527 lots changing hands. I tend to agree that funds managers have probably gotten into the act, which is good for us, unless we are trying to buy some more at cheap prices.

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds