Straco -- gem?

More
9 years 8 months ago #20715 by sykn
Replied by sykn on topic Straco -- gem?
I'm guessing that there is an acquisition in advanced negotiation stage for Straco. Personally, I hope it is somewhere strategically located in China rather than elsewhere because I guess no other country has the scale in number of tourists taking short holidays within their own country.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #20732 by Rock
Replied by Rock on topic Straco -- gem?
Straco request for trading halt after market closed pending the release of an announcement.

More
9 years 8 months ago #20735 by 1668
Replied by 1668 on topic Straco -- gem?

More
9 years 8 months ago #20736 by BNN
Replied by BNN on topic Straco -- gem?
If it's SG Flyer, then we know why they incorp. a subsi called Bay Attractions.

>>> The Board of Directors of Straco Corporation Limited (“the Company”) wishes to announce that on l August 2014, the Company has incorporated a wholly-owned subsidiary, Bay Attractions Pte. Ltd. (“Bay Attractions”). Bay Attractions is incorporated in Singapore with an issued and paid-up capital of S$1/-.The main activities of Bay Attractions will be that of an investment holding company.

More
9 years 8 months ago #20737 by sykn
Replied by sykn on topic Straco -- gem?
The SG Flyer is a very prominent landmark in the Bay Area, and someone with a spirit of innovation should really be able to make money out of it. But the recurring Ops cost should be very high, and if they can't get the high utilisation rates (it always look empty every time I'm there starring at it), then whoever owns it is dead in the water already!

More
9 years 8 months ago #20738 by BNN
Replied by BNN on topic Straco -- gem?
sykn, yes, it would be quite a surprise if Singapore Flyer can turn around under a new management but I am sure Straco would have i) gotten a very good price ii) devised a holistic strategy (working with STB and Zouk, for example) to make good profits.

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds