China Gaoxian - Crazy Play today

More
13 years 2 months ago #5089 by frmice
A correct reflection of its PE on Korea Exchange now showing a low PE of 4.31x. The Korean must be scratching their head and covering their shorts now.  Singapore chart showing a morning star (bullish). we should be able to see it going back to 40 cents level.
eng.krx.co.kr/por_eng/m2/m2_1/m2_1_1/JHP...1.jsp?isu_cd=A950070

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #5090 by Dongdaemun
Replied by Dongdaemun on topic Re:China Gaoxian
frmice, why yr nick is like that? it's unpronounceable!
but everyone must thank u for pointing out the obviously wrong PE ratio and inspiring the Koreans to buy back Gaoxian (now 34 cents0. My kakis are hoping for a solid 4Q result announcement that will open up the eyes of investors to the true potential of this giant textile player. After all, in the trailing 12 months, Gaoxian made S$80 million in net profit. How many SG companies can boast of this level of profitability?

More
13 years 2 months ago #5091 by TigerMel
Thanks frmice and Harlequin for info. But info came too late already offloaded the counter yesterday caught too painful in this boggy trap. What a big blunder on the Korea side totally not excusable and whoever party responsible should be fined!

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #5092 by Dongdaemun
Replied by Dongdaemun on topic Re:China Gaoxian

Tiger, sorry to hear about your cutting loss yesterday. I have made such a move before ... but I have tried to learn the following lesson

"Losing money hurts. For many people, plunging portfolio values during the Panic of 2008 and the savage bear market of last winter became too much to bear. They just wanted the pain to end. So they sold. The timing couldn’t have been worse. As it turned out, stocks bottomed on March 9, 2009 and have surged more than 50% since then. "

Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Dongdaemun.

More
13 years 2 months ago #5095 by angelshark
Replied by angelshark on topic Re:Re:China Gaoxian
never too late to go in again for a quick profit.. now it is still @ 0.335 (3pm 28/1/2011)

More
13 years 2 months ago #5098 by Dongdaemun
Adding to what i wrote earlier abt the emotions leading us to sell usually at the bottom, we should have sold just before the dual listing. On looking back, the build-up of expectations was strong. People knew that the Korean market paid a higher PE, and people were buying on expectation that the korean dual listing would push the stock price up to 50 cents & beyond..... 

I want to learn this lesson: That when there is a build up of expectations and there is a milestone at which something fantastic was supposed to happen.... we should sell just before that milestone is reached
don't get caught in the herd ---- sell when everybody expects a price jump ---- in fact,  the reverse would happen. 

Wjhat do you guys think?
[hr]
[Harlequin 28-01-2011]:

Tiger, sorry to hear about your cutting loss yesterday. I have made such a move before ... but I have tried to learn the following lesson

"Losing money hurts. For many people, plunging portfolio values during the Panic of 2008 and the savage bear market of last winter became too much to bear. They just wanted the pain to end. So they sold. The timing couldn’t have been worse. As it turned out, stocks bottomed on March 9, 2009 and have surged more than 50% since then. "

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds