Best World

More
5 years 1 month ago #24675 by lotustpsll
Replied by lotustpsll on topic Best World
For BT to go after a successful homegrown group is a shame. I am a Malaysian and even I feel it this way.

The timing of BT article and the heavy shorting of BW in the past 2 days is a suspect and should warrant an investigation by the Authorities.
the Authorities.

Based on my experience in corporate risk management, I would find it difficult for BW to engage in accounting malpractice. It is almost a cash business model, no evidence of asset shuffling and accounting policies are easy to understand.
There is a popular saying "cashflows do not lie". Yet, BT is alluding that BW may be engaging in suspicious activities.

The Independent Review is a good step forward and should be concluded as soon as possible.

I also hope that BW provides more details of Franchisee performance in its financial reporting. This will be a welcome move.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Genelim87

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #24679 by Val
Replied by Val on topic Best World
My friend who shared this image has a point. this is Strange, strange timing.

Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by Val.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #24680 by yongpa
Replied by yongpa on topic Best World
Effective date was the year of 2017.
The stock was borrowed two and a half years ago instead of 6 months?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Val

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #24681 by lotustpsll
I checked with some holders of BW and was told that BW stocks in their case were borrowed from 6 months back and as recently 1 month ago. Shares were recently returned post BT article.

This is suspicious.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #24682 by lotustpsll
Thanks to Jason for his views. Based from his experience, I will not take his views lightly.

The timing of BT report , 6 working days before release of Annual Results, is suspicious. The strategy of the writer is simple – “conjure a destructive subject theme and build the case around it”. There are gaping holes in the article which affect credibility of the writer. Also, not a single positive point was mentioned on this 28 year old home-grown business. So much for fair and balanced reporting. This is a joke!.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #24687 by Val
Replied by Val on topic Best World
The upcoming 1Q results will certainly show a large jump in profit.

It's pretty simple to know that because in 1Q in 2018, the reported profit was only S$5.7 million, due to a transition in business model in China.

The franchise model took effect in 3Q18 in China with group profit being S$29 million.

Strip out the $9 million in other operating income from China, and we get $20 million.

Well, if we take this as a base and add 30% growth, we get S$26 million for the group. Wow, that would be a 356% jump in net profit.
Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by Val.

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds