Why am I buying Yanzijiang and JES International now

More
10 years 2 months ago #18681 by yeng
This JES' investment in massive mine in Xinjiang, China has a couple of risk factors:

1. Political risk -- Xinjiang is a restive region.
2. Legal risk -- how transparent & water-tight are the laws there?
3. Financing risk -- If the mine is so huge, the funds required are also big if you want to move at a reasonably fast pace. Can these guys raise the funding?
The following user(s) said Thank You: asmec

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #18964 by Rich
JES

About 12 cents : before announcing mine report on US$500 b of resources.

About 19.5 cents: after announcing.

Now 15.4 cents : after profit taking and after some hard questions were asked that only time can answer.

When is the IPO of MineRiver? What sort of valuation will it achieve? When will mining rights be granted? How much does it cost to extract and transport the magnesium oxide as fertiliser to customers? Many more questions.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Rich.

More
10 years 1 month ago #19151 by yeng
JES (15.2 cents) has become a trader's stock -- the upward and downward movement every other day is an opportunity for the nimble. For FA, it's not clear where the merits lie -- beyond the fact that the resources in the Xinjiang mine are massive. World's biggest magnesium mine, probably.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #19283 by MacGyver
US$240m contract

The Board of Directors of JES International Holdings Limited (the “Company” together with its subsidiaries, the “Group”) is pleased to announce that, through its wholly owned subsidiaries, Jiangsu New East Marine Engineering Co., Ltd. and Jiangsu Eastern Heavy Industry Co., Ltd., the Group has secured shipbuilding contracts for the construction of 4 Newcastlemax and 1 Post-panamax bulk carriers with a total contract value of up to US$240.0 million.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #19284 by MacGyver
Trading Halt not lifted after results announcement. I suspect some corporate exercise going on.
Last edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by MacGyver.

More
10 years 1 week ago #19426 by pine
Macbuddy: Can buy JES at 14 cents?

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds