Blue chip with PE of a penny - Golden Agri

More
12 years 5 months ago #7549 by greenrookie
If the party is on tomorrow, it won't be a 2 cents gain le.
I not greedy... I not going long for any stock, take profits and run...
If there is 1 more round sell-down, then i accumulate, if not, opp will come, I still young... hahah
Good luck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #7657 by Joes
Hey just noticed that Golden Agri touched 69 cents, breaking thru 67-barrier.
I have been reading up on this --- seems like a good stock. And there's Bloomberg report which is positive on the outlook:
Golden Agri Says Palm-Oil Output to Climb as Estates Expand ...

More
12 years 3 months ago #7918 by Mel
congrats greenrookie for pointing out this gem... Macquarie has a target price of 80 cents.

More
12 years 3 months ago #7919 by mardi.tan
Beware of this counter, last time it was under Asia Food and Properties. Indonesian company. Boss is Indonesian rich man but company always raise capital from market.
We cannot judge this company based on PE.
Dividend yield is very very very low. 
above 70 cents is not worth for it.

More
11 years 10 months ago #9447 by Val
Looks like Mardi didnt get caught!

Dow Jones today :
Golden Agri ( E5H.SG ) is the worst-performing STI component and the top-volume play, dropping 4.8% to S$0.595, its lowest since October, with nearly 22% of shares changing hands, sharply  underperforming the STI''s 0.6% decline and sector peers.

Large trade sizes suggest institutional players are active.

While GAR hasn''t any fresh news, its status as a highly liquid Indonesian palm-oil play could  
be weighing, with Citigroup noting investors pulled US$825 million from Indonesia''s market in May, with Indonesian shares dropping sharply.      

Citigroup notes foreign ownership of MSCI Indonesia stocks has fallen to US$83 billion, 1Q11 levels, from July 2011''s peak of US$107 billion. Fund shifts ahead of Felda''s IPO, expected to show a sharp first-day pop amid strong demand, could also be weighing.

• Chip
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 9 months ago #9988 by Chip
Golden Agri has just touched 77 cents. It's been a fairly quick recovery. Mardi Tan, you still averse to the stock?  I read that CPO prices are firming up because of the weather. 

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds