Stock Challenge

More
15 years 7 months ago #286 by Neroli
Stock Challenge was created by Neroli
Has Andy sold his Inchem (now known as Iconic) shares? I cannot find in Stock Challenge section. Maybe good idea to show when participants change/sell/buy stocks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ct.leong
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 7 months ago - 15 years 7 months ago #287 by ct.leong
Replied by ct.leong on topic Re:Stock Challenge
Tx Neroli for yr maiden posting. Audi sold Inchem for a 21% profit in May 08. See his reasons at: www.nextinsight.net/content/view/384/60/ After he sold out of Inchem, he bought Celestial & China Sky. See: www.nextinsight.net/content/view/384/60/ Feel free to ask any other questions regarding our Stock Challenge - or to comment on stocks and the market. We welcome a diversity of views.
Last edit: 15 years 7 months ago by ct.leong.

• ct.leong
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 2 months ago #972 by ct.leong
Replied by ct.leong on topic Re:Stock Challenge
a month ago, it seemed that the stock challenge participants were on a winning streak. unfortunately the market seems to have turned gloomy. we will know in a week\'s time how the participants are faring when the report is out. in the meantime, here\'s a link to their portfolios as of the last report: www.nextinsight.net/content/view/811/60/

More
15 years 2 months ago #974 by musicwhiz
Replied by musicwhiz on topic Re:Stock Challenge
I am of the view that the Stock Challenge\'s time period of 6 months is too short to determine who had picked the best companies. This is because of the current murky outlook and the fact that many companies need time to rebuild their order books and battered Balance Sheets. Thus, a Stock Challenge which lasted 4 to 5 years with regular 6-month updates may be a better way to judge participants\' stock-picking skills. Cheers and Happy Lunar New Year !

More
15 years 2 months ago #975 by mardi.tan
Replied by mardi.tan on topic Re:Stock Challenge
Hi, Mr Music, i read your investment in Pac Andes and other stocks. seems like you get burnt heavily. keep it up, know your mistakes and keep on. good luck for you

More
15 years 2 months ago #976 by musicwhiz
Replied by musicwhiz on topic Re:Stock Challenge
mardi.tan wrote:

Hi, Mr Music, i read your investment in Pac Andes and other stocks. seems like you get burnt heavily. keep it up, know your mistakes and keep on. good luck for you

I don\'t exactly know what you mean by \"burnt heavily\", but if you noticed everyone around the world had their portfolios suffer severe losses over 2008, so my case was not particularly unusual. In terms of corporate performance, yes I did make mistakes and will learn from them. As for the future, I would like to see what it holds for me and my companies. Good luck to you too, and Happy New Year of the Ox !

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds