Hiap Hoe

More
6 years 4 months ago #24164 by pine
Replied by pine on topic Hiap Hoe
"..... good redevelopment potential for Orchard Towers."

??? Where will the current beautiful service ladies go then?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #24189 by pine
Replied by pine on topic Hiap Hoe
HIAP HOE has crossed the 90-cent level, now 93 cents. I enjoy this big move up from 70 cents in July 2017. What a show — in addition to some small dividends. Ogre, do you think Privatisation is on the cards?

More
6 years 3 months ago #24190 by Ogre
Replied by Ogre on topic Hiap Hoe
The recent purchase by Hiap Hoe Holdings has definitely improved investor sentiment. I think privatisation is still on the cards. For Hiap Hoe Holdings to purchase the remaining shares (25% of 470M is 117M shares)) in the market to privatise should be chicken feet for them. At an offer price of S$1.20 (80% of NAV), they will only need to raise $141M.

Why Privatise?
- Reduce cost associated with listing.
- No longer need to answer to public shareholders.
- Seriously start to sell their investment properties to enjoy the profits. I think they have been delaying in selling their investment properties so they will not have to share the profits with the current shareholders.

Why stay listed?
- Easier to raise funds. (Overseas banks more willing to lend to listed entities.)

Why I think they are trying to Privatise?
- No more new development projects even though other developers have been active. Hence no need to borrow more money.
- Buying large chunks of shares through private deals (they seem to be seeking out big shareholders). This will help to reduce the takeover cost.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #24258 by Ogre
Replied by Ogre on topic Hiap Hoe
With a Valuation of $205million for the Orchard Towers buy, I think HH may book a $40million profit for Q4.

They should also be collecting the rest of the payments for Marina Tower too.

I hope their annual report will look good.
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Ogre. Reason: Broken Link

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds